Saturday, August 12, 2023

Road Race

All three of us did a 5k race today. Bode went in knowing he had no chance of getting a medal because ALL the high school cross country teams competed. I think the winner runs for Fort Walton; he finished in 16:40, which is crazy. We had a lot of friends run the race. Here is a nice pre-race pic of Ashley and Jenna.

Next is a nice post-race pic (note the sweat) of Ashley, Katy, and Sarah (Katy and Sarah both have kids who swim with Bode).
Bode posed for a picture with us after the race. It is hard to tell that I am completely soaked.
We stuck around for the awards. Jenna and Ashley took 1st and 2nd in 50-54 age group. I think Sarah took second in her age group, and Katy took third in hers (I don't recall their ages, and I'm not going to ask :-) 
I surprised myself and won the 50-54 age group (I'm not sure how many runners there were in my age group, and I'm not going to burst my bubble by finding out :-)
We lazed around today not doing much. It has been extremely hot here. I have some yard work I should do, but the sofa was much more appealing. Bode starts rehearsals tomorrow for the youth symphony in which he is playing. We like it when he practices, because Rowdy tends to join in.
It is coming up on seven o'clock; almost bed time :-) Pleasant week to all.

No comments: