Sunday, September 5, 2021

Labor Day

We have had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  During the week, Meigs middle school had a home football game.  The band played before and during the game, but I don't have many pictures.  I didn't want to embarrass Bode, so I tried to surreptitiously take some pictures when the band arrived in the stands; below is the best I could do.

There were clouds in the area, so Ashley made the command decision to take our phones and the camera back to the car; she also had the foresight to bring back an umbrella.  As the band was playing the final part of the Star Spangled Banner, we could see the roofs of the houses located across from the field.  Rain was pouring onto them.  Despite the break in customs and courtesies, many people quickly deployed their umbrellas (Ashley included) as we were singing "...banner yet wave..."  The band didn't miss a note and finished (and then sprinted for cover under the bleachers).

Ashley did some waverunning yesterday.  I was busy at the pickleball court, so I didn't head out with her, but I did take some pictures of my lovely wife when she returned.
I also took a couple pictures of the dogs.

There was a meeting of cigar boats in Poquito Bayou.  We were sitting on the dock when these speed boats went cruising by.  Ashley took a quick movie.  
The cost of that boat (note the six engines!) is around $3.4 million; we decided against getting one, as we don't think it would fit on our dock.  We wanted to get some close-up photos of these awesome boats, so Ashley and I headed back to the bayou and snapped some pictures.  
We had a wonderful day today.  Ashley, Bode, and I, along with Bode's friend, Brendan, went to Big Kahunas water park and enjoyed some awesome sliding action (no pictures).  We are now exhausted (well, Ashley and I are; Bode wants to know what we are doing tomorrow :-)  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: