Tuesday, January 1, 2019

"Polar" Plunge

We decided to start a new tradition.  Well, I decided, and I convinced Bode to join in, but Ashley was having nothing of it, apart from being the videographer.  Since we live on the water, I thought what better way to ring in the new year than to jump into the water--a symbolic cleansing as the new year kicks off.  Ashley said no, but after some prodding and convincing (I bought him a new video game), Bode was up for it.  Thus, we headed down to the dock.  The weather doesn't look great, but the temperature was in the low 70's.  I'm not sure about the water temperature, but I do know it's not close to 40 degrees or whatever the temperature is in places they do a real polar plunge.  Bode and I were very excited to jump right in.
We figured the water wasn't getting any warmer, so we stopped clowning around and went for it.
The water was chilly, but not awful.  In fact, Bode got out and then got back in.  I must say I cheated just a little--I went running before we jumped in the water, so I was a bit sweaty and warm.  Still, it was a nice way to start the year, so much so that Joey decided to join us.
Happy 2019 to all!

No comments: