Thursday, July 26, 2018

Summer

It has been over a month since I last posted any updates, so hopefully you didn't think we were eaten by alligators.  We are having a nice summer...well, Bode and I are, since neither one of us has any obligations during the week from the hours of 7 - 4:30.  Ashley is enjoying her job (enjoying is a bit of a stretch, but we'll go with that for now), but I'm sure she would prefer hanging with Bode and me.  However, it's not like we are doing anything super exciting.  We have worked in the yard, swum in the bay, and gone to Sonic for an afternoon shake/slushi on a couple occasions.  Ashley and I have been paddle boarding, and I even took some pictures.  Being the "smart" guy that I am, I took my old camera in the event something happened (e.g. I fell in).  I took what were some great shots.  However, since it is my old camera, I no longer seem to have the cable that will allow me to export the pictures to the hard-drive.  Apparently in our down-sizing, past-Jeff must have (incorrectly) reasoned that we wouldn't be needing this old cable any more...

I returned to taking pictures with the new camera--nothing worthy of shark week, but I did get some of the wild-life in the area.  Here is one of many turtles that we have roaming around the yard, driving Joey and Barkley nuts.
I guess I should say Joey and Barkley torment the poor little turtles.  Fortunately, I haven't (recently) found them gnawing on their shells, and the turtles haven't really been in the backyard.  They do go in our neighbors' yards, and when they are close to the fence, Joey will just sit there and bark and bark and bark.

I took Bode to get his haircut today.  He's still rocking the pseudo-mohawk. 
This past Christmas, Santa brought Bode a drone.  We tried flying in Colorado, but it was either too windy, and if there wasn't any wind, it didn't seem like there was enough lift due to the thinner air.  No such problems down here at an altitude of twenty feet.  Bode is a surprisingly good drone pilot...but I guess it really shouldn't surprise me because he's quite adept at video games.  Here's Bode getting ready to launch.  Joey is quite interested.
Here's a movie of Bode flying and landing the bird on his hand.
While we were flying the drone, we noticed some ducks hanging out by our dock.
Bode tried to sneak up on them.  I told him he was super silent but that he probably stinks because he doesn't bathe enough.  He was not amused.
As you can see, anytime Joey gets access to the water, he feels the need to go for a swim.
Barkley prefers to simply roll around in the sand.
Finally, here's Bode flying the drone and a close-up of the black menace.
Bode has a swim meet this weekend, and Uncle Dave and Aunt Jennie are coming to town for a visit.  It should be a fun few days--probably do some jet-skiing and maybe try to do some towing on a wakeboard.  Pleasant day to all.

No comments: