Sunday, March 19, 2017

Swim Update

I was a bit premature in my most recent post when I said I didn't think Bode did very well competitively against the other swimmers in the most recent swim meet.  Bode swam in the 10-and-under events, but they awarded prizes to 9-and-under boys.  Thus, Bode was third in the 50-yard butterfly, 4th in the 100-yard backstroke, and 5th in the 200-yard freestyle.
As last time, has he not been DQed in the individual medley, he might have been way up on the podium...but live and learn I guess :-)

Weather in Colorado Springs has been unseasonably warm.  I put my bird-net up in my garden, and even planted some broccoli, lettuce, carrots, potatoes, peas, garlic, and beans.  All but the beans can be planted now.  The beans won't do well if there's a hard frost, but if I lose them, no big deal...but if there is no frost, then we'll be in green-bean city.  The indoor plants are doing great.  I have pumpkins, peppers, honey-dew melon, and corn, all going strong.
I am tempted to put some of these outdoors, and just put buckets over them in the event of a bad forecast.  I might try this in early April--still a bit early to be putting corn outside.

We had a nice weekend.  The three of us went on a ten-mile bike ride (well, 9.93 according to map-my-ride), so Bode and Ashley were spent last night.  We played some putt-putt today, and Bode helped me in the garden.  Tonight, we are going to watch The Goonies, which we think (hope) Bode will love.  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: