Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Cross Country

Bode finished his second year running cross country.  As I've said in previous posts, Bode is more of a social runner--the type of guy that shows up for the evening runs at the local pub just for the beer and the company and believes the run is just something to get over with.  The team had six meets this year, but two were cancelled due to rain and/or lightening.  The last one was somewhat annoying, as both Ashley and I raced to get to the meet.  The kindergarteners and first grade races went, and as the second graders were getting ready, the meet was called.  And I've no issue with the meet being cancelled--it was fixin' to pour down.  We even got some large hail on the cars as we were driving home (which is the primary reason for my annoyance).  As always, we are very proud of our little dude.  Here's his certificate...
and here's the team photo.  Bode is in the second row from the back towards the right-hand side.
We spent Columbus Day weekend up in the mountains, doing a little work on the mountain estate.  The weather was amazing.  Ten years ago, Ashley and I went up to Breckenridge over Columbus Day, and we almost were stranded because we got 20 inches of snow.  A little different this weekend--highs in the 60s and maybe even the 70s.
The trees in the picture above were painted blue to raise environmental awareness.  It was a water based paint, and there were signs up saying the paint didn't hurt the trees...but I'd sure be ticked off if someone painted me all blue even if the paint was water soluble...but I digress.  We walked around the town, and even went ice-skating (sadly, no pictures).  This week is a big week.  I'm sure I don't have to remind people of the Auburn game Thursday night (not been a great season thus far).  Then, on Saturday, Bode has his first real swim meet.  He will swim the 25-yard freestyle, 25-yard butterfly, the 25-yard backstroke, and the 100-yard individual medley.  We are excited to see him in action.  Not much else is going on here.  The dogs are fine, Ashley is fine (smoking fine if you ask me), and I'm still teaching.  I also received a new charger for my camera battery today, which is the reason for the dearth of pictures--just in time for the big swimathon, so look for a lot of pictures next Sunday!  Pleasant week to all :-)

No comments: